Creating effective custom vinyl stickers for political campaigns remain an important part of campaigning despite the growing popularity of social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. While social media allows campaigners to reach millions of followers online quickly and at little cost, using stickers still has many advantages.
Benefits of Political Custom Vinyl Stickers
One of the obvious benefits of bumper stickers for political campaigns is that they help the candidate gain visibility. If a campaign can get hundreds or even thousands of supporters to put bumper stickers on their cars, it can go a long way towards visibly demonstrating how much support the candidate has among voters. Imagine standing by the side of the road and then seeing virtually every car that passes by with one of these stickers on the bumper or windshield and you’ll see what I mean.
Another benefit of bumper stickers is that they are relatively affordable compared with other methods of offline campaign advertising. When buying vinyl stickers in bulk, it’s possible to get stickers for as little as pennies per unit. This means that campaign stickers will be one of the cheapest items on the political campaign advertising budget.
Finally, to create well designed, effective custom vinyl stickers for political campaigns, they can help ensure that undecided voters will remember the candidate when the time comes for them to vote. When they’re constantly seeing the candidate’s stickers on the road every day, it can help build retention in their minds, particularly if they like the candidate’s message.
How To Create An Effective Design
1. Use a pithy slogan. Remember that there is only have a limited amount of space on the bumper sticker, so make every word in the message count. The message can be something as simple as “Obama 2012” or as thought-provoking as “No One Died When Clinton Lied”.
2. Create an eye-catching color scheme. Use strong colors that stand out and are highly visible, rather than lighter pastels. But make sure that the message can still be clearly read.
3. Put a striking image on the campaign sticker. Remember the Obama campaign poster that simply consisted of a stylized portrait of him and how it became one of the most imitated images of 2008? Take that design philosophy and apply it to the bumper sticker and you’ll have a winner.
4. Don’t hesitate to create unconventional-shaped stickers. Keep in mind that an increasing number of people are putting campaign stickers not on their bumpers, but on their windshields since they are easier to remove after the election. This gives more leeway as to the size and shape of the campaign sticker, since you’re no longer limited to the traditional rectangular shape of a bumper sticker.
5. Use humor. If people can get a good laugh out of the campaign sticker, or even just a smile, then they’re more likely to remember it. Custom vinyl stickers that are humorous or funny are also more likely to build goodwill among undecided voters toward the candidate, rather than ones that are hostile and contain negative messages.